2/21/2008

The Purpose of my Blog

Posted by ruthie

This is my first entry on my new blog. Yes, I have attempted to blog before but it always ends the same. I start strong, but it fizzles out and it disintegrates. Good thoughts.... However, this time, I pledge to keep it going. I admire people who are able to keep up with theirs. And I will admit, I am a blog stalker. I stalk my cousin Jumoke's blogs: Adventures of a good Nigerian girl & Jummy and also a few adoption blogs. Among my favourite adoption blogs are Drew Carey Show, Ragamuffin Soul and Whittaker Woman. Yes, I check them multiple times a day. I have no shame.

So, one of the purposes of this particular blog is to chronicle my journey towards my dream to become an actress. Those who know me, know that I have wanted to be an actress, basically since birth. Why am I not one yet, one may ask? I can probably say fear. Not of the performing part, but of the lack of stability part. I have always played it safe. In grade 12, just before I was going to graduate, I auditioned for and got accepted into the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in LA. Of course, I would have LOVED to attend, however tuition was too high to pay for almost-certain-future-career-instability. I decided to attend a "regular" university, studying Psychology Honours and Communications. When I graduated uni, I was still scared of this lack of stability and so I worked on a cruise ship to pay off my loans. I did so in less than a year.

Long story short, now I am in grad school, finishing up my last semester of Forensic Psychology. Yes, I know, again not acting. But, I have decided that I am now finally going to pursue my dream. Life is too short to have any regrets. I have prayed and I have meditated and I have decided that now is the time to chase my dream. And so, after graduation I plan to jump right in. I am still scared, but I figure it is now or never.

Oh and I said "one of the purposes", which means I must have another purpose for this blog, correct? Yes. Eventually this will also chronicle my journey towards adoption. Buuuuuut... that is a little further in the future. I hope to marry first, and that is not happening any time soon, so I reckon the journey towards my acting career will carry the majority of posts.

So, join me. Let's see where I am by this time next year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read more about your adventures as you follow your dream. I know all about being afraid to try something and I hope your journey will inspire me.

Wishing you all the best!